Friday, July 24, 2009

Who You Know

It really is a lot about who you know. There are other things like what you bring to the table or your ticket to the party.

I just got an invite from an acting coach I didn't get to work with long enough before moving back to Alabama. He coached Josh Holloway of TV's "Lost" (maybe still coaches). The final season of "Lost" starts mid-season on ABC.

You never know where you might be invited or who might be there. Holloway will be at the event on Tuesday that I was invited to. He will be doing a Q&A session. I wish I could just jump on a plane and go to the event.

There's also an event at NYFA in CA on Sunday that I got an invite to. It's a screening of "Punchline" from 1988 that starred Tom Hanks and Sally Field. The director of the film, David Seltzer will be having a Q&A session. I could go to that Sunday and the other Tuesday.

I guess there's another reason they say "Location, Location, Location." If I were there I could just go.

I didn't make the most of going to the screenings and Q&A sessions when I was out there. I miss them.

Make the most of opportunities that come your way. Be on an even keel as well. You never know when that butterfly flaps its wings and the perfect storm of better opportunities line up.

They don't come all at once, just one step at a time, moment to moment.

Channing H.