Thursday, March 15, 2012

One Degree of Separation (similar to 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon)

There is a new Klout Perk (klout.com) involving the Fox show "Touch" that premieres March 22.  It's a rather odd Perk, as perks go, in that so far we have received a pawn shop address as a clue for the first episode.  I guess it hopes to create buzz with discussion of an obscure clue on a premiere episode yet to air.

At any rate I happen to have worked on "24" a few days, so I'm 1 degree from Kiefer Sutherland.  I haven't watched the whole season on DVD and a season is one day so a day on set could potentially be spread out over the whole season.  Sutherland was not in the scenes I worked, though he was on set at the end of one day and said goodbye to those of us leaving.  Sean Astin was in some of the scenes (so 1 degree as well) and he had also been in scenes of the film "Click" which I worked.

Turns out that a micro short film I contributed to be an Executive Producer, Sutherland also contributed to be an executive producer.  So I guess that makes another instance where we are 1 degree apart.

The micro short is "The 1 Second Film"  The film itself is one second of large paintings. I can't remember the exact framing (as in frames per second, but also paintings I guess), etc.  The end credits will be a feature length documentary that is a 'making of' for the film.  It has a steep goal of $1M and proceeds will go to the Global Fund for Women charity.

The film has plans to release on International Women's Day (March 8) but the year is not set.  Another goal now on the website is to have 1M people involved, which could be FREE adding yourself as crew OR contributing.  It is the ultimate microfunding, before Kickstarter's time, minimum $1.  They have managed over 1/3 of the goal!!

If you sign up as free crew or by donation, please list me as the referral (or how you heard about it, or however it is listed in the sign-up process now).  I don't "need" it for any particular reason but it would be nice to see and keep track of those who joined because they heard about the film from me.

UPDATE: 12:25pm CDT I forgot to mention that Kevin Bacon is also an Associate Producer of the film, making me and possibly you 1 degree from Kevin Bacon. :)