Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Pitch of "The 1 Second Film" to Kevin Pollak

Repeat of the tweet: "@kevinpollak: just watched "Mission X",I donated as producer, ur listed n twitter publicity.Heard of 'The 1 Second Film'? [link]"

This wouldn't fit in a tweet and I didn't want to send dozens of tweets.

Dave (writer/director/producer/star) of "Mission X" sent me a copy as part of my producer package and I just have gotten around to watching it.

"The 1 Second Film" is a collaborative effort, non-profit. It is also using crowd source funding. People can join the crew free on the website www.the1secondfilm.com or donate at different levels of Producer. So far there are over 14,000 producers.

The 1 second is animation of paintings and the credits will include a feature-length documentary of the making of the project.

Currently Stephen Colbert is the highest ranking publicist with 148 referrals. We can't let that stand can we?

You can check the page out and see the celebrity producers and you can probably ask a lot of them personally to verify that they are involved.

Over $500 is tax-deductible but few donate that much. The minimum is only $1 !!!

I'm not sure how to list me as referral if you do get involved but here's my profile on the film's website http://the1secondfilm.com/crew/16964. You'll have to go to the main page to join.

It would mean a lot to Nirvan (creator/director/producer...) if you would join in the fun. (He doesn't know I'm doing this.)

Sorry to bother you and thank you if you took the time to read this,
Mr. Channing Humphries